The Barony of the Lonely Tower Presents
Twelfth Night A La Rus
Mount Michael Benedictine School
Saturday, January 3rd, 2015 from 9:00am-9:00pm
- Adults: $10.00
- Children ages 5-18: $5.00
- Children 4 and under: free
- Family cap: 2 adults, 3 children
- Non-member surcharge: $5.00
Feast fee: $10.00
for reservations. Only paid reservations will be accepted!
For questions on the feast menu, please contact the feast steward,.
- Shchi / Cabbage Soup
- Pyroshki s Govyadinoy (Belyashi) / Pastry with Meat Filling
- Pyroshki s Morkov’yu / Pastry with Carrot Filling
- Kurnik / Chicken Pie
- Vatroushki / Cheese Pie
- Gribi Zjariniye / Mushrooms Fried in Butter
- Soleniye Ogurtzi / Cucumber Pickles
- Boujenina s Hrienom / Beer Cooked in Beer with Horseradish Sauce
- Chornee klepbh s Tvorag / Black Bread with Farmer’s Cheese
- Vzbityye Repa / Creamed Turnips
- Marinovanaya Svekla / Marinated Beets
- Simiki / Cottage Cheese Cakes with Sour Cream and Elderberry Preserves
- Marinovanaya Yabloki i Grushi / Fruit (Apples and Pears) Preserved in Syrup
- Yablochnyy Sok / Apple Juice
- Sbiten / Spiced Honey Drink
- Voda / Water
Space is limited. Please send your contact info and a brief rundown of what you will be selling by no later than November 1st.
There will be several Russian-themed competitions:
- Russian Hats (mens or womens)
- Accessories (belts, purses, jewelry, utensils, and things of a like nature)
- Best Dressed Russian/Rus
A Pinterest page has been set up with instructions and inspiration should you choose to try your hand at Russian garb. If you have a Pinterest account, or don’t mind signing up for one, check it out!
A number of how-tos have been provided to help you in creating Rus-themed garb.
- Hábrækr (Rus high breaches) by Lord Sebastian d’Hinnisdael (2 MB)
- Skjoldehamn Trousers (597 KB)
- Viking Head Coverings (4 MB)
- Novosibirsk Regional Museum (2MB)
- 13th-14th Century Medieval Russian Life
|Time||Classroom 1||Classroom 2||Classroom 3|
|10:00 AM||Sign Language – Lady Nesscia – 1 hour||Patterning for Female Russian Garments – Mistress Vassila – bring tape measure, sketchbook, and pencil – 2 hours||Something amazing – Lord Khalil|
|11:00 AM||Beginning Embroidery – Lady Kathleen – 1 hour – limit 10||Gardening before the 1300’s – Lady Aemiliana – 1 hour|
|1:00 PM||Hand sewing techniques – HL Clare – 1 hour – limit 8||A Survey of Russian Pottery – Mistress Vasilla – 1 hour||Basic Herbalism – Lady Aemiliana – 1 hour|
|2:00 PM||Intro to Persona Development – HL Nikolai – 1 hour||Period Letter Writing – Lord Miklos – 1 hour|
- Thomas de Chatenoir Combat Social Club
- Novice Tournament
- Cut & Thrust Tournament
- Calontir Steel Bear-pit Tourney
- Herald’s Consultation Table
- Silent Auction
- Children’s Activities
This is a dry site. No smoking, no pets, no open flames, and no running in the halls.
Location: Mount Michael Benedictine School, 22050 Mount Michael Road, Elkhorn, NE 68022
For updates, click here.