In May through November of 1992, The Banner featured a series of quizzes designed to test the reader’s knowledge of different aspects of the SCA. Though the answers were never printed, readers submitted their answers to the chronicler, and a prize was awarded to the person who answered the most questions correctly.
These are the questions from the first installment, printed in the May 1992 edition of The Banner. How many can you answer?
- Which officer is the legal representative of a group within the SCA?
- Name the three major levels of rule within the SCA?
- What level of award entitles one to use the title Master, Mistress, or Sir?
- What is the principal duty of the Chancellor of the Exchequer?
- When is “my liege” properly used?
- True/false: A viscount is a person who has served as king more than three times.
- Identify the office that the following badges represent: