- Published on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 19:52
The Barony of the Lonely Tower Presents:
A Spring Fling and Bardic Bedlam Event
Friday, May 2, 2014 at 5pm until Sunday, May 4, 2014 at Noon
Cass County Fairgrounds, Route 1 and 144th St, Weeping Water, NE 68463
From the north, east and west: Take your best route to I-80 in Omaha and exit at Hwy 50, proceed south about 15 miles then turn left (east) onto Hwy 1 and travel 2 miles, site is on right off of 144th St. There will be signs.
From the south: Take your best route to Hwy 2 West off of Nebraska City Beltway (from 75 or I-29), proceed to exit for Hwy 50 at Syracuse, turn right (north) and travel to the Hwy 1 intersection, turn right (east) onto Hwy 1 and travel 2 miles, site is on right off of 144th St. There will be signs.
***ROAD CLOSURE WARNING***
The Nebraska Department of Roads has plans to close portions of Highway 75, between mile markers 52 and 59, starting as early as Spring 2014. If you are coming to the event from the south, it is strongly recommended that you follow the directions above (or follow these directions).
- Adult member: $10.00 (plus $5 non-member surcharge, if applicable)
- Youth (Age 6-18): $5.00
- Children (5 and under): Free
- Feast: $10.00 (See feast info below)
- Merchant Fee: $5.00
Please send pre-registrations to:
9236 Tomahawk Blvd
Omaha, NE 68134
Make checks payable to: “SCA Inc - Barony of the Lonely Tower”
Spring Fling will include: Archery, Equestrian, Thrown Weapons and Siege Weapons displays, and competitions on what promises to be an amazing day...
Bardic Bedlam features informal challenges, classes, performance displays, feast entertainment and -- conditions permitting -- a bardic circle both Friday and Saturday nights!
An Inn will provide lunch, with proceeds benefiting the Tailor's Tent at Lilies War 28.
There will be plenty of camping space available on-site.
This is a walking/portable feast to encourage socializing and entertainment.
First course: Moors Invade Italy
- Eggplant with Walnuts
- Kefta (beef meatballs)
- Chicken with Lemon Slices
- Lombard Tarts
Second course: Mongols Invade China
- River Pig Broth (beef dumplings in broth)
- Vegetable Pancakes (mushroom, onion, and other)
- Ashte Reshte (Persian noodle soup; vegetarian -- gluten free noodles used)
- Seasoned Spring Vegetables (to be decided)
- Dried and Fresh Fruits
- Tea and Sharbat (fruit cream drink)
Third course: Saxons Invade Britain
- Chicken, Pork, and Beef Pies (separate...one for the partridge...)
- Custarde Tarte (egg, herb, fruit)
- Sprouts with Bacon (or without as desired...no veggie though, no bacon -- no exceptions)
- Seasoned Spring Vegetables (to be decided)
- Herbed Wheat Bread with Fresh Whipped Cheese (gluten-free option available)
- Mulled Wine
Disclaimer: All sugar used will be cane sugar. All salt will be kosher. These dishes are prepared in a small space so cross-contamination is always possible, although the cooks will make every effort to avoid it. Ingredients list and documentation will be provided at Troll and at feast for inspection by the populace. However, the menu is subject to change due to flood, famine, kitchen disaster, or Head Cook's foul temper.
Off-board seating will be available so that you can bring your own food and still participate in the entertainment and festivities -- even if you don't want to don't want to partake of the offered feast.
9:30am: Meet and greet
10:00am: General tips on obedience, training, tricks, and adopting a dog
11:00am: Agility and teaching your dog to jump, tunnel, and whatnot
1:00pm: Lure chasing
2:00pm: Weight pull harness making
3:00pm: Weight/sled pulling
Please use the 10 foot rule regarding the schedule (i.e., subject to changes like bumping times around for court, including other instructors, and so on -- as this develops).
- Pets must be kept on a leash at all times and the leash must be no longer than 6 foot unless they are in a kennel. The only exception is for specific canine activities in the designated canine areas while the dog is participating in the designated canine activities.
- Nuisances such as excessive barking or howling will not be tolerated.
- Pets are specifically forbidden to enter the battlefield, archery range, siege range, equestrian area or any additional public areas that are marked as such.
- Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets. Please do not allow your pet to relieve themselves in any public area.
- If your pet should bite another individual, you will be asked to remove the pet from site immediately. THERE IS NO EXCEPTION TO THIS RULE. If you do not comply, the owner will be asked to leave as well.
- Pets will not be allowed in the main hall.
Co-Event Stewards: Master Dolan - , (402) 391-3032 and Lady Nike -
Crash space coordinator: Lady Sybella -
Feast Steward: Lady Cristina -