Now you can sync the Lonely Tower calendar with your mobile device! Get alerts for events automatically, and look up event information from your phone’s native calendar app! Instructions for setting this up on iOS and Android are shown below.
Note: If you’re subscribed to the old Google Calendar, please note that it is no longer being updated. This calendar is now the official calendar.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Other.
- Tap Add Subscribed Calendar.
- In the Server box, enter http://lonelytower.org/ical
- Tap Next.
- (Optional) Change Description to Lonely Tower (or whatever you want to name the calendar). Leave everything else set the way it is.
- Tap Save.
You will need to add the calendar to your Google account first. This should be done from the browser on your desktop device:
- Go to https://www.google.com/calendar. Sign in if you are not already signed in.
- On the left-hand side of the page, click the down arrow to the right of Other Calendars.
- Click Add by URL.
- In the URL box, enter http://lonelytower.org/ical.
- Click Add Calendar.
Now, you can subscribe to the calendar from your mobile device.
Note: This requires you to have your Google account linked to your mobile device. If you do not have it linked, click here for instructions.
- Open the Calendar app on your mobile device.
- Tap the More button. (This is the button with three vertical dots.)
- Tap Calendars to display.
- Tap Calendars to sync.
- Find the Lonely Tower calendar (it will probably show as “http://lonelytower.org/ical”, unless you changed the name) and check the checkbox next to it.
- Tap OK.
- Tap the Back button to return to your calendar. You should now see the events from the Lonely Tower calendar on your device.
Pleaseif you experience any issues with linking the calendar to your mobile device.